$8 - Cotton Candy Maker

Even though this is a blog dedicated to the dumbest of (and often expensive) purchases, I still like to find a deal. And to feed my deal finding habit I often go to thrift shops like Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul. You can still make stupid purchases in a thrift store. This is the first in a series of my "Thriftiest Stupid Purchases".

I might as well say it now, I'm have a sweet tooth, well 28 actually (the four missing teeth were removed surgically, NOT because of cavities). You know those candy shelves they place in check out aisles? They designed them for me. I like to save money, and I like cool gadgets, so you can imagine my keen interest in a machine that turns boring colorless sugar granules into out-of-this-world-mouthwatering-threads-of-coolness. Haha if only the machine I bought really did that. Instead this fine product, made by RoseArt (what crayon company wouldn't want to make potentially dangerous kitchen appliances?), makes eerie spider-web-like tendrils, and it makes them slow, very slow. We did find that if you want to color you cotton candy you could use colored cake sprinkles, but that just gets expensive. I have since shelved this sugary ring of fire for another day or when the neighborhood throws a carnival.

1 comment: