$350 - Sony 400 Disc DVD player




Because of my gluttony for movies (as posted previously), I felt the need to buy a device that could hold them all at the same time. So I bought a 400 Disc DVD changer.

What the crapola was I thinking? I know what I was thinking....

Thought: Man wouldn't it be great to watch all 6 Lord of the Rings discs at the same time without ever having to get up
Reality: I have never watched more than one movie back-to-back with this dvd player, nor have I ever used the Random feature. Who presses random to pick a movie?

Thought: If I move houses, all I have to do is pick up my dvd player and go, no more messy cases everywhere.
Reality: This was a good idea in theory, then one day I moved. I picked it up and little did I know that you can't move the thing with 400 discs in it. All the discs slid out of their slots and jammed inside the player. I had to manually take the entire thing apart to remove the discs.

Thought: I will never lose another DVD again because they will always be in the machine
Reality: Just kidding, friends still want to borrow movies and that means ejecting a disc. Unfortunately when you eject a disc you lose all information, like the titles I painstakingly spent days entering. So now I have a bunch of empty slots and no idea what movie was there. At least with a DVD case you can see it is empty and missing.

I currently own 4 DVD players and a Blu-Ray player. Why? Who knows....I should sell this one. Any takers? Make an offer

2 comments: